What to do if you have a claim....
If you have Motorists Mutual Insurance, Ohio Mutual Insurance or Wayne Mutual Insurance please call our office at (419) 693-7822 to file a claim. If it is after office hours, you can call the company phone number on your ID card or find information on the company website.
If you have Progressive Insurance or Safeco Insurance, please call the company directly to file your claim. See ID card or the company website for the phone number.
After filing a claim, you will be contacted by an adjuster from the company within 24 hours. Please keep the adjusters name, phone number and your claim number available for any questions or concerns you may have in the future.
A. Start by reporting your claim. Have the following information ready:
- When the accident occurred
- Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
- How the accident happened
- What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make and model)
- A description of the damage on each vehicle
- The names and contact information of the people involved in the accident
- The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
- The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
- The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number (if police were contacted)
A. Report your claim and let them know:
- When the incident occurred
- A general description of what happened
- What was damaged and the location of the damaged property
- The condition of the home and if it is still livable
- If temporary repairs are needed
- If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and the report number
A. Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.
- Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.
- Keep a list of any temporary repairs you made to document the damage, and make sure to save your receipts.
- If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.
- If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items. Sometimes cleaning things without the proper equipment can cause more damage.